World Vegan Day Malaysia 2017: 4 & 5 November 2017 (Free)
Malaysia’s first World Vegan Day will be celebrated on 4–5 November 2017 at Publika, The Square, Kuala Lumpur.
The event is organised by the Malaysian Vegetarian Society and will feature food (of course), health and fitness tips, an exhibition and gifts for attendees.
RSVP on the organiser’s Facebook page
Tinariwen concert: 13 November 2017 (RM120–250)
The Grammy Award-winning group of Tuareg musicians from Mali will be performing live for the first time in November at the KL Live Life Centre.
Ticket prices range from RM120 (standing) to RM250 (VIP). The Tinariwen sound is considered primarily guitar-driven in the style known as assouf with its roots in West African music.
The group has 7 albums that have sold millions worldwide and a Grammy Award for Tassili – Best World Music Album in 2012
You can get tickets from Ticketpro
Two-day fried chicken festival – 18 & 19 November 2017 (RM48 – RM68)
Another first in Malaysia, the Ayam Legen Fried Chicken Festival is organised by FriedChillies.com and will be at the Ara Damansara LRT in Petaling Jaya. It is expected to feature the top 8 fried chicken legends in the Klang Valley including
- Broasted Chicken King – Keramat (Arabic spicy fried chicken)
- Gerai Ah Kow – Kuala Lumpur (sesame Horlicks fried chicken)
- Nasi Lemak Khora-Khora Ayam/Goreng Wak Kentut – Johor Bahru (fried chicken nasi lemak)
- Sweetree – Ampang (spicy Korean fried chicken)
- Nomms – Subang Jaya (freestyle fried chicken popcorns)
- KGB – Bangsar (jalapeno salted duck egg buffalo wings)
- Zainul Nasi Kandar – Petaling Jaya (curry-styled fried chicken)
- myBurgerLab – Seapark (special fried chicken sliders)
You pay between RM48 (early bird smiley) and RM68, which entitles you to eight taste-portions of fried chicken, and a “super fun goodie bag.”
Get tickets from Peatix