Thank you for considering Other Expats as the right place to share your expat experience. We’re always excited to publish your experiences as expats in Malaysia.
We don’t dictate topics or viewpoints to guest contributors, although we’d be happy to suggest topics or areas of interest.
Submissions will be considered so long as they are topically relevant to our professional audience.
Your submission should meet a few Other Expat publication guidelines if it’s to be published. These include:
- Use Microsoft Word document format.
- It should not be commercial. We won’t consider commercial articles for publishing. If you’d like to advertise on Other Expats, see here.
- Your article should be interesting, informative and relevant to expat readers. Our community relates to all things minority/black expats in Malaysia. Topically relevant would include current events, upcoming anniversaries of important events, or questions driving debates.
- Submissions MUST be factual. Or if it is an opinion piece, it must be substantiated by facts, which must be referred to within the article.
- Your article should have a storyline that can be followed with a start, a middle and an end that are cohesive.
- Footnotes and endnotes are discouraged. Please include your citations/links/references within the article.
- Good title, which dictates how many readers are attracted to the article. Your ideal should be 60 characters or less, as unnecessarily long or non-descriptive titles negatively impacts readership and search engine rankings. We encourage you to suggest titles, however, the choice of the final title is up to the editor.
Publication time frame: We’ll generally publish guest articles within seven days of receiving them. However, publication times may vary depending on the topic of your article, issues or edits that need to be addressed or if we feel the article will do better on a specific day of the following week.